Saturday, October 27, 2007

Week of PRs

Looking back on this week, I remember two very specific things--I was exhausted most of the week due to the stress and long hours at work, and I had a great week of exercise. They say that exercise helps to combat stress and give you energy. I hope that is so, otherwise I'm not sure how I made it through this week. Or, maybe exercise is needed to wear off the stress--that's probably closer to this truth when you think about my week.

Started Sunday with lots of cardio, plus weights.
Tuesday evening after work, I had another PR for a mile (plus a bit) with an 8:16 mile
Thursday I reached a lower weight (138) that I haven't seen in many, many, many years
And today..............

Today was the zoo-south run, a newer run that I actually really enjoy. Lots of turns and different types of sights. Also, since it's newer, I'm not bored with it and it seems to go really fast. Ken was there this week and we took off together at the head of the group. And we stayed at the head the entire time--even Amy and Dan never passed us!

It was chilly (about 50 degrees) with 10-20mph WNW winds. We all know how much I love the winds. And at times it was head on and strong (especially heading west from Chancery toward the bridge!!!!), that was rough.

Got back to the end and got 5.5 miles right before the zoo. That was enough. I had run hard with Ken and knew I was tired. Looked down and saw that we only ran for 49:04. That seemed a little short. Looked at the pace: .............

8:53/mile pace average for 5.5 miles

Wow! That's another PR. That's a 9 second best per mile on my fastest ever which was only 5 weeks ago (on 9/22). Then, to top it all off, after coffee I went to the Y and did some weights.

What a week! Major highlights for the 1 mile, for my weight, and for over 5 miles! Can't beat that!

No comments: