Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another nice day

Had to get up at 4am (yes AM) today because I had a conference/career fair in Oconomowoc at 6am. Obviously there was no running there. I have no idea how late the fair is to run, but I know I'll have to fit in at least the mile.

As I left the fair earlier than I thought I would, I was driving home about 5pm and heard on the radio that it was 65 degrees. It was a bright sunny day and quite nice. As I drove home, I contemplated going to the gym or running outside. There are probably so few nice days left, so I opted for the run.

Since it was early in the evening, and I'm really tired from such an early start this morning, I thought it would be good to at least try for 2 miles. I ran south out the neighborhood and figured I could always walk part-way back if I wanted. There was a very brisk wind, 16-20mph from the south. Therefore the first mile was the toughest, and it got easier for the way home.

Ran 2.04 miles in 18:21 (9:00/mile pace). Still a pretty nice pace in the wind, enjoying every minute of the sunny, crisp weather I can.

No comments: