Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sappy Sat

So, today's the day Bill leaves for Australia for 26 days. I'm just sad about that and whiny. I really didn't want to run, but figured I should. Went with Bill to the group run on the southside bike path. Bill and I ran together with Kristin and Ken. Being with Ken, and Kristin especially, I knew this was going to be a fast run. Did the first mile in about 8:30. As we approached mile 2, I noticed we were still going at about 8:30 pace. This is killing me, and I was still just not in a great mood. I decided that I really didn't want to keep going and would only do the 4 miles, so I was turning around at 2 miles. Ken and Kristin had pulled ahead a bit, but waited up at 2 miles. Then when I went to turn around, Ken was a bit disappointed as he's really trying to train me. Oh well, another day! Bill kept going with them and ran a great run--about 6 miles in about 53 minutes. Ken and Kristin really kept him going.

I ended up running 4.13 miles in 37:36 (9:05/mile pace). Although I slowed down a bit for the 2nd 2 miles running alone, that was still a great pace.

No comments: