Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rain and wind

Woke up to hearing lots of rain and wind outside. I really wanted to run this morning as I have yoga tonight, but hearing this I wasn't really interested.

Took clothes with to work, just in case I got done with work at 5pm and could run in the All Saints gym before yoga. Well, that didn't work and I was still working at 5:40pm, so I just kept working. Stopped for an errand, then went to yoga with Sara. The first instructor was back so it was a very slow, relaxing hour of yoga. Some of the poses (i.e. Warrior II) hurt a bit due to the strain Anna put on my thighs the night before, but it was OK.

Got home from yoga and had to do my run. Went out for the standard loop. It was a beautiful night, low 60s and a perfectly clear sky with lots of stars. Definitely better than the morning. After the run, I just laid on the driveway for a few minutes as I know within days or weeks, it will turn towards winter and be too cold to enjoy these types of evenings.

Ran 1.02 in 9:00 minutes (8:50/mile pace)

No comments: