Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Anna Banana

OK, so it's another night with Anna tonight. Woke up to run early, but it was raining, so I figure I'd go after working out with Anna.

Lost another 1.5 lbs, so that started off my session well. Then Anna got all excited. A friend of hers went to an exercise workshop and learned a number of new exercises, that she showed Anna. She was so excited to have me try some and said one was a particularly good, but hard, one. I've since figured something out....there is a direct correlation between Anna's excitement for an exercise and my pain level doing and after the exercise. More excitement, more pain! The first one incorporated balance, core, twist, pushup, dip. Too much and I kept falling over. Even Anna fell over trying to show me (never a good thing when the trainer struggles to show an exercise---she said she just hadn't practiced it enough, yet I was supposed to do it!?!?!?). We modified it a bit, but it was really, really tough. I'll definitely feel that one tomorrow. Lots of other exercises to go, with a few new ones. After, I noticed it was somewhat nice outside and I really didn't want to run on those new treadmills they have.

Went home and it was starting to rain for part of my drive. Got home, grabbed the Garmin and went right out hoping to beat the rain. It started to really drizzle hard during the run, so that was a little chilly and cold.

Ran 1.02 miles in 9:02 (8:50/mile pace).

No comments: