Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sleeping in

I know I'm meeting with Anna tonight, so why not take the opportunity to sleep in a bit. Had a good workout with Anna. Still losing weight and inches (slowly, but it is happening). Then she started me out tonight with a new exercise, a tough one--in push up position, have hands on 8lb free weights, do a push up on the weights, then lift one arm back and up in 90 degree angle, then the other one, all while keeping torso level and facing down. Do this 8 times for 3 sets. Wow, that was really hard and hurt lots of core, stomach, and back muscles. A good overall exercise. Then did another new one--lunges with a kickboxing style front kick. Then a variety of other weights.

Since I new Bill was socializing tonight, I figured I'd use the gym a bit after the workout. Did my mile on their new treadmills (about 9:12 pace)--I'm not sure I really like them, their a bit rough on the feet. Then did 20 minutes on the recumbant bike so I could get my 30 minutes of exercise for the Fitness Challenge.

No comments: