Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

So it's the end of October and the weather has finally turned to feeling like it should. For a few days now it's been chilly and quite windy. Woke up this morning wanting to run, as I actually woke up before the alarm. Unfortunately all I could think about was work and stuff I needed to do. I'm meeting with Anna tonight, and she was booked at 6pm so my appt is at 5pm. Because of that, I know I'll have to leave work early, so I decided to get up and just go into work early to get some work done. With the early appt with Anna, I knew I had plenty of evening time to do my run later.

Worked out with Anna and found that I've lost more weight and inches. Really doing pretty good at this! She actually did one exercise with me tonight, the first time ever she's done that in over a year of working with her. We did partner pushups, you know the ones where you both face each other, do a push up and slap hands. Then we did alot of leg stuff today, so I know I'm going to feel that tomorrow.

It's still sunny at 6pm and it was in the low 50s, so I decided to drive home and run outside. Unfortunately this was the worst 1 mile run in many, many weeks. I was just drained and got a side stitch only about .3 into the run, and it never went away. I was panting terribly and kept feeling like I had to slow down. I tried everything to get rid of the stitch--one arm up overhead, two arms, stand up straighter, exhale on the left foot, inhale on the left foot, nothing was working. I just wanted to stop, but figured I was already .5, .6, .7 into it, I better just plow through, otherwise I'd have to go back out later and try for a mile again.

The final as 1.00 mile in 9:22 pace. Not really all that bad statistically, but it felt terrible.

No comments: