Saturday, November 17, 2007

Windy weather

I'm figuring out that as we go into the winter, I'm really going to struggle to keep up this running. We met at the Towers today and it was chilly, but not really that bad. Thought it would be a great morning run. Then we got going and realized the wind was from the east and fairly strong. We had been shielded by the Towers and I got a false sense of comfort.

As usual, I struggled running with the wind. Running north along the beach and up to Michigan Blvd, much of the east is wide open so the wind was somewhat blustery and pushing on me pretty hard. Unfortunately even when we turned around, the wind was still there....just blowing across me the other way. I kept going, but when we approached the beach again, I decided to stay on Michigan and run along the street. Shortened the route, but a little more pleasurable.

Ran 5.5 miles in 51:24 (a 9:21/mile pace). That really surprises me as I walked 4-5 times (just for 30-60 seconds) to catch my breath. Therefore, even with these walks, I must have really been running at a good clip to make up for it.

No comments: