Saturday, November 24, 2007

Northside route

I kind of like it when we do the northside route, it's less than 5 minutes from the house so I can get up a bit later and leave later. Unfortunately Bill got up early to run a bit before I just stayed up today and didn't go back to sleep.

Ran the first 2.5 with Bill and Susan, but only really wanted to do 5 miles or so. Turned around at 2.5 and ran just a few hundred feet and another group was coming. John said he was about to turn around so he asked me to wait for him. Did that and ran back the last 2.5 or so with him. He runs a bit slower than me (that just sounds weird to say as I used to run way behind him), so I just hung out with him and ran at this slightly easier pace. Good thing at times, though, as it's still pretty windy and there were spots along the path where the wind really hit us strong.

Ran 5.12 in 48:48 (9:31/mile pace overall).

The other day Bill programmed my Garmin to do 3.1 mile splits, so now I can see how I do first part of a run vs the last. For today I ran the first 3.1 in 28:44 (9:16/mile pace) and the last 2.02 in 20:03 (9:55/mile pace). Legs are a little tired, particularly the knees, from two long runs in three days, but actually I feel really good overall.

I really didn't struggle at all during today's run and feel good after............what's going on!?!?!?!

No comments: