Saturday, November 10, 2007

Parkside pain

This was the firsts time in a very long time that the Saturday run was at Parkside's cross-country course. The times during the summer we ran down there, I ran the streets.

Small group today and off we went up that awful first hill. Tried to keep you with Bill and Ken, but didn't even stay with them for .75 mile and had to drop back a bit. Did most of the course, and when it came back out near the beginning and you were supposed to run back up the hill again, I decided I wasn't up to that. Had run about 3.75 at this point and jogged out of the course and decided to run the streets. Didn't know how far I would go, maybe just 5 or so. Walked a bit at the turnaround, but kept going Then as I as running, I figured I would try to do the full 6.2, finishing all on the roads. As I got back near the car, I had done about 5.6, so I just kept going and ran around in circles (kind of literally) trying to finish up. Got a little kick in my step around 5.9 to finish hard so I'd make the finish in under an hour.

Barely made it, but did it. Ran 6.22 miles in 59:29 (9:34/mile pace). This is the longest I've run distance-wise in months and months....maybe since last Turkey Trot. Although I've run longer time-wise, I didn't cover the distance. Getting stronger!

No comments: