Saturday, December 29, 2007

Treadmill crazy

Today I just didn't really want to run outside, so I had sort of chosen to go to the YMCA. Then, when I got up late and wouldn't make the run by 7am, it was decided.

When I got there, I thought I'd probably just do my mile, and maybe some elliptical and bike, maybe doing another mile inbetween like I did a few weeks ago so I would get some good cardio. As I ran the first mile, I felt pretty good so I thought I'd do 2 right away. Then I just kept going. I'm definitely a morning runner. When I was coming up on 2.5 miles, I did a little rationalization. I thought that if I did 5 miles on the treadmill, then I'd only have to do about 15 minutes on the bike and that would give me an hour of cardio as well as a good run. So, I went ahead and did 5 miles on the treadmill. Overall it wasn't that bad. Just before 4 miles I started getting a little bored and tired, but a nice gentlemen came on the treadmill next to me and we had a little chat. That got me through about .3-.4 mile and was just enough to push me through to the 5 miles. Did those in just over 45 minutes and walked for 2 miles. I finished with 14 minutes on the bike and then went off to join the group for coffee.

No comments: