Saturday, December 15, 2007

No Saturday group run for me

For the first time in about 5 months (except when we were in Park City) I didn't run with the Saturday morning running group. The walkways around the city are still pretty icy, plus it's blustery out. I just wasn't in the mood to do a long run, much less do it with unsure footing and cold, windy weather.

Slept in a bit, then got up to go to the gym. As I was leaving the house, it was snowing....don't know how long it's been snowing as it really wasn't sticking. Another reason I was happy to not have gone running outside.

Once at the gym I still wanted to make sure I got a long, aerobic workout in to make up for not doing a long run. Therefore I did:

one mile on the treadmill in about 8:45;
15 minutes on the elliptical, with the 2 middle minutes being backwards;
one mile on the treadmill in about 8:45;
30 minutes on the bike in a double-hill workout, level 6 plus 5 cooldown minutes;
one mile on the treadmill in 9:05 minutes

That workout was tough, especially trying to run after the elliptical and especially the bike. The legs were wobbly and definitely different muscles got used. Good cross-training type of workout and still got 3 miles of running in.

No comments: