Monday, December 31, 2007

6 full months!

So, today is December 31st. We started this "mile a day" challenge officially on July 1st, so it has now officially been six full months. I actually ran every, single day for six full months. I really do find that amazing. I can't believe I stuck with it, but I did. Partly out of personal competition, just to see if I could do it.

Earlier this month I decided that I was mentally getting done with the 'mile a day', but really had no reason to stop. Then I figured to go through at least the end of the year, so I could say I did it for six months....for a full 1/2 of a year! I did it!

I told Bill that I wanted to run this last mile of the year with him. Couldn't get going this morning as I had to work. Left work early today, so we ran our mile together in the early evening. Just did the normal mile around the neighborhood.....but it was really nice to do it together to finish off the challenge and the year running together. Love you honey!

Ran 1.02 in 8:58 (8:49/mile pace)

No comments: