Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Last week Bill got up one day and went running with the girls at 4:45am. It wounds like that would be a good way to get more running in during the week....have the motivation of having to meet people and then run with faster people...to get me going. Just trying to get myself up in the morning and run by myself never works and even when I do, I stop after only 1-2 miles. Unfortunately...4:45am!?!?!?!?

Well, I decided to do it today. Got up at 4am and Bill and I met at Kristin's. Jodie was there as well. The four of us headed out and I ran with Kristin the whole time. Got 4 miles in, with a bit of walking in there.

Got home before 6am....now what to do. If I shower up now, I'm ready for work before 7am. If I really start doing this, I'm going to have to talk to Mary Jo about adjusting my work schedule a bit to come in and leave earlier on these days.

I wonder how tired I'll be tonight as I didn't sleep well (anxious about having to get up early so I just kept waking up all night long).

Funny thing I thought of after.....I started my "exercise at least 20 min everyday" thing on 1/1/09. Now it's 4/1/09 and I'm starting this running during the week thing early morning (thinking I'm going to try to do this at least once a week, maybe twice--the girls typically try to do it at least twice during the week). One quarter of one challenge accomplished.....now with the start of a new quarter of the year, add on a new challenge.

Let's see how this goes!

No comments: