Saturday, April 18, 2009

Culver's run this week....we haven't done this one (this direction) in well over a year. Got up early to pick up Tucker and take her down to run with us. Headed out with Kristin and Melissa (and Tucker, of course). As we got going, I was so glad I wore shorts....first time this year! It got pretty toasty. I had a long sleeve shirt and my black jacket and that was a mistake as it was sunny and the black made me pretty warm. We got down to Hwy 11 and had to run east a bit to get to 3 miles. We were pretty thirsty and thank goodness Kristin had money so we got water at the store on Durand and Drexel. On our way back we saw Kristin's sister-in-law and niece walking so we stopped to chat for a bit. And of course Tucker stopped a few times, therefore we got lots of little breaks in the run.

I'm getting better at keeping up with them for most of the time, but that last mile of rolling hills was hard and I fell back a bit....but only about 50 feet total, not very far at all. I basically just ran about 10-15 seconds slower in the finish.

Ran 6 miles today!

No comments: