Saturday, April 11, 2009

We're running northside backpath this morning, so I could actually dawdle a bit and not leave til the last minute. A brisk NE wind made the first few miles a little more work. Ran by myself a little in the beginning then I caught up with Kristin, Melissa, Dan Barry, and a new guy to the group Tony. Ran with them up to 2.5 and then K & M turned around. Kept going to 3 miles and turned around with Dan and Tony. Ran the last 3 miles with them. I'm really getting to like running with people, as it keeps me not thinking about the actual running too much and the time goes by fairly fast.

Ran 6.03 miles in 56:37, therefore averaging 9:23 pace. I had a little bloop in there when my shoe came untied, though. And has been the case recently, I go much slower the first 2 miles or so (and have to walk, tie my shoe, or something) and then do well the rest of the run. My last few miles are usually at about a 9:15 pace or so.

No comments: