Saturday, April 25, 2009

Woke up to try to go running a bit early today...maybe try to get 2-2.5 in before 7am. That way I can run with Kristin and Melissa as they run early and usually only need 4-5 at 7am. For once I had gotten my clothes ready the night before, but had to alter as it was 68 DEGREES at 6:10am!!! Woo hoo. Shorts and t-shirt weather. Got going a bit later than hoped, but still managed to get running early. We were doing a new route--the trail from Panera 2, then you could go around Sunnyslope or Stuart for more. Headed out the trail towards our old apartment to Sunnyslope. Exactly 1 mile in, the girls were coming back so I joined up with Melissa for the last mile of the pre-run. Got 2 in before the group. Then Kristin and I headed out and did the loop, took a quick water break, then another loop. That put me at about 6.2 miles. As were were standing around, I saw Bill and Jodie coming down the trail so I ran up to meet with them and ran back...getting in 6.8....might as well finish it up so I ran the extra .2 to get a total of 7 miles in. I felt really good!!!! It was warm today, the wind was strong from the SW giving us a little challenge at times, and we got a little rain sprinkle at one point, but it was a great run. I did have some water breaks at 2, 4.2, 6.2...so those probably refreshed me a bit, but I felt really good after 7 miles.

Then I looked at my splits:
First 3.1 = 8:46 average pace (and the first 2 miles were in about 8:40 pace as I just was running too fast)
Second 3.1 = 8:58 average pace
Final = 9:12 average pace (and that was running 0.4 with Bill and Jodie who were doing a 10 minute pace)

Overall pace was 8:54....wow! That's good. Now hopefully I can work to keep up that pace without the little refresh breaks.

Happy Birthday Bill

No comments: