Sunday, September 30, 2007

Last day of September

So, it's September 30th. You know what that means--it's been 3 full months of running at least 1 mile every single day. That's 92 days in total. Wow! Never in my life did I think I'd ever be so into running.

Today was Sunday, so we went to the YMCA. When I first got on the treadmill, I couldn't decide whether to do intervals or not. I decided against it and thought I'd just run and try to do a fast pace on the treadmill. I started at about a 6.7 pace on the treadmill and kept gradually increasing it to 7.0 (8:34 pace) over the course of the first mile. I also increased the incline to 0.5 so it was a little tougher. As I neared one mile, I felt OK so I thought it best to do 2 miles. Kept running at this good pace til about 1.5 miles, then gradually decreased the speed and incline. For the last 0.1 mile, I kicked the speed back up again til the end. Ran the 2 miles in 18:06. Good run.

Then went and did 12 minutes on the recumbant bike with rolling hills at level 6. That was a little tough hill workout.

Went on to the machines, but thought it best to give the legs a little break. Did the sitting press and the lat pull down. Then did the tricep pull down, 8lb bicep curls, and 8lb side shoulder raises. Finished with lunges with 8lb weights. That was enough for today. On to breakfast/brunch!

No comments: