Sunday, September 16, 2007

YMCA today

It's Sunday and we really had no excuse not to go to the Y today. With Bill running 20 yesterday, he just wanted to do his mile, then maybe a few machines and swimming. I didn't really want to swim, but wanted to get some machines in as it's been a while.

Got there and decided to do intervals as this is the only place with the good treadmill with the interval training. Set my jog pace a little faster (6.0) and my run at a normal run pace (8.2). Then as I got going, the run pace felt pretty good, so I did a full minute at the run pace (rather than 30 or 45 seconds as I had been doing). Did 2 min job, 1 min run, 2 jog, 1 run, 1.5 jog, 1 run and a sprint of 8.8 pace until the end of the mile. Nice little push for the mile today. I then went on to do a hill rotation on the bike for 20 minutes.

Then did a few machines--sitting press, adductors, abductors, lat pull down, situps on the ball, hamstring lifts on the ball, circle situps on the ball, and finish with plank and stretching. A nice balanced workout today.

No comments: