Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday, close to home

It's been a while since we've run on the northside. Bill only had to run 8 today as this was the lowest part of the taper before next week's marathon. We were running the north bike trail, starting at 3 Mile and Douglas, so it was nice to get up a bit later and leave the house at only 8 minutes to 7am.

As I got started running today, I knew it wasn't going to be a breakneck pace. I just really felt it was going to be a steady run, but not an overly fast run, nor a really far run. Ran with Bill for about a mile, then he said that Mike D. and I were going too fast. Mike and I continued and ran north 2.5 so that we'd get a nice 5 miles in.

Ran 5.13 miles in 48:16 (9:24/mile pace). For not thinking I was going too fast, it still turned out to be a pretty decent run.

No comments: