Saturday, September 8, 2007

New Saturday morning run

This morning we are doing a new route, well.....new for the running group. Bill and I did a version of this last summer once. Starting just south of the zoo at Lakeview Park, we ran south on the new path, around the back of the condos and Festival Hall, and down the path all the way to the beach behind Gateway. It was nice to have a different route as the regulars are getting a little too regular.

Bill said the route was about 5.5 miles, so I planned to try for it. This would be the longest run for me since last fall (probably November).

The run could have been about 20-30 seconds faster as I stopped completely twice with Carol (once for the dogs, once to look at something). Otherwise it was a pretty good run.

Ran 5.51 miles in 56:05 (10:11/mile pace). That's a pretty good pace for this length for me!

Now to just get another mile or so on this length and try to get the pace down to about 9:30.

No comments: