Saturday, February 14, 2009

Planned on going running with the group today as we were doing a brand, new route--West Lawn cemetary and down 90th street into Sturtevant. Bill left early to get extra miles in, and...for some reason....the alarm never went back off for me. I woke up at 7am. I was really mad, but the TV was set right so I wasn't mad at anyone, just mad at the situation as I really was going to run today. I then decided I'd still go and just run by myself. I rushed around to get ready, still very upset, and drove to the parking spots. Arriving at 7:36am, I figured I'd run routes that the others probably weren't as I didn't want to deal with everyone heading back and I was just heading out and the questions that would go with that. I did West Lawn cemetary loop. There was a set of footsteps in the snow (it was flurrying, with about 1-1.5 inches already on the ground) so I just following those. I found out later that I did more than just the 'outside' loop as the footsteps curved in at one point, then back out, adding to the run. That was OK as it was peaceful to run in the cemetary. I came out and headed east on the frontage road, behind the retail areas and back out to the frontage road, turning around just east of Charcoal Grill just before Stuart Rd. As I headed back, I still felt good and so I did another loop, reverse, in the cemetary, ending the morning with 5.5 miles. Everyone was already gone to coffee, but Bill had driven through that last cemetary to say Hi, and Andy circled back as the lead for the 'committee for no runner left behind' to make sure I was OK. Then joined the group at Panera. Glad I did it as I felt good to do the run (although slow due to the snow) and it alleviated my anger.

No comments: