Sunday, February 8, 2009

Although yesterday supposedly reached 50 degrees, it was windy most of the day. Today the high was "only" supposed to be 40 degrees, but the wind was alot less--about 4-6mph. After making an egg bake for us for breakfast, then making a lasagna that we were going to have for dinner, I decided to go for a run. I needed to take advantage of my motivation to do so, and the nice weather.

Got ready and got out there. Hoped to run the 3.7 ish route out the neighborhood, around to Douglas, to 4 Mile, and back home. Gave myself an out that if I hit 3 Mile and was struggling, I could turn west and do the 2 mile route. Well, I felt pretty good at 3 Mile, so just kept going. Overall it was a really good run. I struggled a bit on the hills and into the wind, but really felt good running with the sun beating down on me and the cool brisk air. Averaged 9:45/mile for the first 3.1 miles and 9:35 for the last 1.7 miles---totalling a 3.8 mile run. Not really long, and certainly not the best pace, but for the first outdoor run since 1/3/09, and the longest run past 2 miles, this was a good run.

Hopefully we'll keep some medium warm winter days like this so I get out a bit more and can work on this pace and distance a bit.

No comments: