Saturday, March 28, 2009

Running group this morning. It's in the low 30s, but there is a fairly strong NE wind. We're running from Jud's house and the normal route is north around the point. Luckily I looked at old routes last night & noticed that Bill had once created one that was north to 4 Mile, west to Erie, and back south for 4.5 miles. That definitely sounds a better length and less wind. I offered that to the group and most people were relieved to hear that and do that one.

I ran by myself for a bit, then Kristin (who was ahead of me) had to stop to let Tucker relieve herself and she stopped and waited for me. That was nice of her, and kind of scared me too as I didn't know if I could keep up her type of pace. I ended up running all the rest of the run with her, ending up with 5 miles. I kept up with her (although she probably was a little slower than her regular pace--and she was doing miles 7-12 for her this morning)! When I finished my watch said I had kept an average 9:12 pace. That's pretty good and I felt good for the run too. Hopefully I'll be able to get my mileage up more soon.

No comments: