Thursday, January 1, 2009

OK....so it's been quite some time since I logged here. I had an injury--a little pain in my ass, literally---that I got in June 08 and it sidelined me quite a bit. I ran very little for a few months, did PT, Xray, MRI, drugs, home exercise....arrrgh! Finally after trying the rest and PT route, an ortho doc said to stop resting and get back to normal---work through it basically. Just before Thanksgiving I kicked my running back up, ran nearly 18 miles in a week (including the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot--beating the previous year by a few seconds, even), then started back up with my DVDs. Unfortunately I'm not 100% yet, still have pain occasionally (but the drugs I'm now on I think help a bit), but it's not worse and it only bothers me a bit. I did Nutrisystem in July-Sept and lost about 12 pounds, but unfortunately have been eating terribly for December and have gained it all back.

Therefore I decided I really need to get back to my exercising...and be more consistent. I'm struggling with motivation, but I love how I feel after--I do have more energy and just feel better. I thought about it and figured out that there was no reason I didn't exercise at least 20 minutes EVERY DAY. I can do something...DVDs, running 2 miles, gym, weights, Anna, something. So, that's the plan.

I'm going to try to do this for 31 days, the month of January. When Bill and I decided to do the "mile a day", we started thinking it was just a month. Then it was more, then more, then I did it for over 5 months before I finally decided it was getting old. I did it for 6 straight months. I can't make a goal for 6 months as that's too daunting, but I can focus on trying to make it for 31 days....then go from there.

It's January 1 and we did our annual running group New Year's run. Greg hosted from his house and I ran with Melissa (who's still recovering from having Evan--so she's running slower). We ran 4.25 miles together. A great way to start the New Year.

No comments: