Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So, today is the day I decided not to run. I thought I still may, but I decided to try the new Core on the Floor class at Synchronicity. It was a good class, I'll definitely feel some of it tomorrow.

Earlier today I thought I may run before or after the class. Got out of work late, and I barely made it to the class. Then after, I really didn't feel like stopping back at work to run. It's bitterly cold, so I know I don't want to run outside. The whole drive home, I was conflicted. I really didn't want to run, and I know I have decided to just stop sometime here as I want to start giving my body a break and break out of the monotony. Yet, mentally, I'm conflicted with stopping the streak. It's a really, really hard decision and it's actually kind of upsetting. I know once I get through this today, I'll be fine, but making this decision is very hard and I kind of feel like I'm giving up. But I've decided that I'll just change it a bit. I am going to do at least 30-60 minutes of some other type of exercise (whether its other cardio or a class of some type) every day, and if I don't, then I will run my mile. This way, I will still stay motivated to do some exercise every single day....just it may be something different then running.

No comments: