Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We're tracking now!!

Today I received my new Garmin Forerunner 205 and thought I should start this blog at the same time.

On June 30th, my husband, Bill, and I decided that we were being a little too lazy and exercising very sporadically. He thought there was really no reason we couldn't run at least 1 mile every day. If we get up in the morning, change, run, and stretch.....that would all add up to less than 30 minutes, therefore we should be able to do it. He mapped that a loop around our neighborhood, with just one little bloop down a side street, totalled 1 mile, so it was an easy route to always do. So, starting 7/1/07, we started the challenge.

It's now August 14th, and the challenge is still going. Thirty-one days in July and now we're 14 days into August and still running at least one mile every day. Some days it's more, some days I did intervals (Anna, my trainer, told me to start doing these again!), and some days I worked out with Anna or went to the Y and did weights in addition to the running. Up until now, I've been tracking what exercise I did in a notebook. But Bill thought I'd like to blog this instead. This way I can make more comments if I want (I type faster than I write), and he said then Anna could also check it to see my progress. I really think he just wants to see what I say! :)

Today I received the Forerunner and did the first run with it, so I thought it was a good time to start logging. Ran tonight at night with Bill on a little muggy of a night. Ran for a total of 1.03 miles for a 9:10 run (8:52 pace). Came home right away and downloaded the tracking to the computer. This is very cool--can see my pace throughout the run, elevation, fastest points, slowest points. I really like seeing it on the map to compare how I felt at certain points on the run to how my pace varied with my feelings.

Good night for now!

No comments: