Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bill's marathon day!!!

Today's Bill's marathon in Park City, Utah. Got up with him this morning and took him down towards the starting line. As always, I have a plan to meet up with him at various points on the run, therefore I don't have tons of time. Yet I have to do my mile. I really didn't want to deal wtih the air and hills again, so I chose to run on the hotel treadmill.

Boy, was this treadmill old. I got nervous that it may overheat or something going at a fast pace. The air is still a little tough for me, so I tried to start out at a normal pace, but had to slow it down. Did the mile in about 10:30.

Then I had to shower and pack to get us out of the hotel in time. Met up with Bill at mile 10.5, 15, 17, and the finish. It turned out to be a beautiful day...a little warm, but not too bad. He did really well until about 18, then struggled. But he still finished, and in 5 hours 46 minutes. Not great, but not too bad since they even advertise that this is a hard course and "you will not make a personal record on this course." This was marathon #8 for him..........only 42 more to go!

No comments: