Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another night run!

We woke up this morning and neither of us really wanted to run again. It was raining, and therefore we really felt lazy. Therefore tonight we felt we really had no excuse not to run a little longer and do a 2 mile run. We ran out the neighborhood to Green Bay, back in the neighborhood to the south, to 3 Mile Rd., and up Goleys Rd into the neighborhood.

About 0.6 mile into the run, I said to Bill that we were going really fast. He agreed and we slowed it up a bit, but we still kept a pretty good pace. Coming back into the neighborhood at the north end of Goleys, about 1.5 miles into it, I just couldn't keep up the pace. I told Bill to go ahead and I slowed a bit. Just about 20 paces later I was feeling stronger and kept exactly that space between Bill and I until the end of the route.

Home again, I saw that we ran 2.05 miles for 18:14 run (8:54 pace/mile). Wow, still pretty fast...and for 2 miles!

No comments: