Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lazy, Rainy Sunday

We decided today would be a YMCA day. But, when we got up and heard/saw the rain, we decided that we didn't really want to go! Lazy, lazy we are! We decided we'd just go for a run later.

Unfortunately it rained, and rained, and rained nearly all day--with only a few minutes here and there with no rain during the day. By 8pm, it was still raining but we had to go. Just the one mile---it won't be so bad. Yuck, it was a nice steady drizzly rain. Started out a little fast and had to slow it up a bit. Ran 1.01 total for 9:23 minutes--at a 9:15/mile pace.

Just 2 months ago, the rain was just the excuse I needed to not run. I never ran when it rained! But now that I'm 50 days into this "one mile, every day" thing, my stubbornness won't let me use a little rain as an excuse! I don't know how long this streak will go, but it didn't end tonight.

No comments: