Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday morning run

Today we were doing the cemetary run. A pretty simple run with lots of places to shorten or lengthen the run without ever being too far from the car.

I decided that I wanted to try to run at least the 4 miles without walking in-between at all. I haven't done that in months, at least since before March. Although a few weeks ago I ran over 4 miles total, there was some walking in between. Bill had only a short run today as his marathon is next week, so I told him we'd run a nice easy pace together. I figured if I didn't go out too fast, which I usually do, I could endure longer. After about 4.2, I was feeling pretty good and Bill still had just under a mile to go to finish his 8 miles. I ran with him and stopped right at the 5 mile mark! --- I like having this Forerunner so I can know exactly where I'm at at any point in the run, and know exactly when I want to stop.

5 miles in 51:15--exactly 10:15 minute miles. A little slower, but not too bad. And this was the furthest I ran continuously in at least 5 months--maybe longer!

No comments: