Thursday, February 14, 2008

Had a hair appointment at 6pm tonight and it is Valentine's Day (so I don't want to exercise after my hair appointment--I want to go home and spend some time with Bill). I didn't want to skip exercising again as I did on Tuesday. Therefore I worked to make sure that I left work a bit early and went up to the gym. I didn't want to get too sweaty as I had to go to the salon, so I thought I'd maybe just walk or do the bike. Then as I was getting on the noisy treadmill, a guy on a better treadmill said he was just about done---in essence offering me his treadmill. Since the one I was getting on is fine for walking, he was kind of insinuating that I could run on his in a few minutes. That kind-of guilted me into running, as he got off about 6 minutes into my walk, so I felt like I should switch over and do a run.

Therefore I did an 8 minute brisk walk with most of it at a 3.0 incline, then I did the mile run at just under 10 minutes (again trying not to get too worked up---but I sweated alot anyway). Then I finished with a 2 minute walk and 10 minutes on the bike so I still got the 30 minutes of cardio.

No comments: