Saturday, February 23, 2008

Although it's warmed up a bit, the roads still aren't great--they are pretty full of big sections of ice in many places. The wind is a bit brisk today and the Saturday group is running by the lake. Therefore I decided to run inside. My first thought was to run at the Y as the group may run south behind GTC, but if they don't, there's not alot to look at while running on a treadmill there. So I opted for the All Saints gym where I could watch TV. Got there and there were only 2 other people there (one left within minutes) so it was very different than the last few Saturdays. It was just before 7am, so I figured I could do an hour of stuff and still meet the group for coffee. Got the TV set, fan on, and hopped on the treadmill.

Ran 3 miles with just short breaks at each mile marker for a bit of water. At 3 miles, there was a good story on the TV I wanted to hear, and by this time I was alone in the gym, so I hopped off and cranked up the volume so I could hear it. I walked for a brisk half-mile during the story (a Growing Pains reunion piece on the Today Show), then got back to running. Ran the next 2 miles straight, and finished with a .4 mile walk. Therefore I got about 5 miles in total plus another mile or so walking.

Now off to meet the group for coffee.

No comments: