Sunday, July 12, 2009

So since Melissa didn't run yesterday, the plan was for Mel and K to do a long 14 mile run today. K & I talked and I figured that if they met by their house, and ran to 4 Mile and the bike path, I could meet them there, have water for them, do 5-6 with them, water back at my car, then they could run back for about 14.

Got to the meeting point and Kristin came alone (well, with Chester). Apparently Melissa just flaked and didn't show or call! Kristin and Chester had water, we ran up and back the bike path for 4 miles, then I ran to Hwy 31 with her as she asked me to accompany her a bit towards her way back home, then I ran back to the car---giving me 6.22. Ran this 6.22 in 54:07, which is a 8:42 pace--whew! Granted I stopped the watch for the two little breaks, but I even kept it going while I walked for aobut 30 seconds at 3.5 miles and still was that fast!

6 miles, 2 days in a row, with a faster 2nd day. Good little runs!

No comments: