Saturday, July 11, 2009

So it was pouring rain this morning 4-5:30am....pouring! Mel and K were going to run long this morning, but figured they probably didn't. I was going to go a bit early, 6:20ish to do a few extra miles, but figured I'd just sleep a bit after being woken up by the rain and just go at 7am. Just after 6am I heard my text messaging going. K texting, wondering what I was up to as Mel bailed on the run. She was just going to run on her treadmill as she had to leave to get Kayla at 8am. I was bummed thinking I'd be alone at running group, but then she invited me to her house to run with her for 4-5 miles.

Well, I got there and she suggested 6 miles. Ran from her house to Spring, to Sunnyslope roundabout and back--a nice 6 miles. Averaged a 8:59 pace---first 2 miles were 8:39, next 2 were 9:17 (there was a little walking in there at the turnaround point), final 2 miles were 9:01.

No comments: