Thursday, June 11, 2009

Up this morning again to meet the group. Still want to take it easy on the knee as it was tweaked a bit during tennis. I think that doesn't help it as it's a lot of starting and stopping and leaning different ways. Kristin convinced me to run with her to Melissa's, which is a 0.9 mile run. Actually the knee felt pretty good then. After we met up with her, I walked the rest of the way. A few times I tried to run a bit and my knee hurt quite a bit--it seems that after I walk a while and have that whole 'heel-striking, knee-locking' motion, running isn't good. I can run without walking, but not after. Ended up running/walking 3.35 miles total in 45:36 for a 13:35 average. The first 2 miles were at a 12:39 average (which had that mile or so of running), and the second 1.35 miles were mostly walking with an average of 14:58 pace.

No comments: