Saturday, June 13, 2009

Relay for Life run/walk today, so the group is meeting at the Oakes Road location so that those that want to go over to Case can, those that don't can do the Panera 2 trail. I got there at 6am to try to get 5-6 in before the group. Ran the first 2.2 OK, I felt a little slow and sluggish. It was way more humid that I thought and stopped at the car then to take the sleeves off my coat. Then headed out again and ran another 1.5 or so before I stopped to stretch the leg good. Ended up with 5.1 when I met the group at 7am. Then we headed to Case and I did 7 laps around their track, most of them jogging. I think I walked about 1.5 of those or so. The softer ground of that track was noticeably different than running on concrete. Then I headed back to the group, finishing with 9.18 miles total. Did this in 1:31:08, an average of a 9:55 pace. With the walking I know I did at the track and even at the end (last .25 miles or so), I was surprised at this time. The first 6 miles were at about a 9:20-9:25 pace. Then I got slower to about 9:43 pace (that had a bit of walking, then the last mile was mostly walking. Knee bothering me a bit, but good to know I could still do 9 at a 'reasonable' pace. I think I'm going to have to really take it easy for another week to try to heal this knee before Lighthouse.

No comments: