Saturday, May 30, 2009

OMG---Parkside is HARD! Running there is a good workout with lots of uneven footing and hills. Went early to try to get 10 miles in, and fell behind the group within the first .25 mile as I couldn't breathe. It was a hill, and high humidity, and I just couldn't get any air. Stayed back and running slow for the rest of the time. Bill ran with me for about 1/2 of the first hour, then we stayed together for the 2nd hour too. It was nice to run with him as we don't get to run together too often due to our different paces. Since I was running slower and he knows the trails like the back of his hand so we could alter routes as necessary, it was nice to be together. Ended up getting 10.33 miles (ran a little extra to help Bill get his 13 in). The pace stunk and was a 10:22 average. I just kept getting slower and slower each 2-mile section.

No comments: