Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bill's leaving again today, so I planned to go for a run after he left. It's a fairly nice day, cool, but sunny. After dropping him off, I went over to the Panera 2 loop. We had just eaten so I read a magazine for a bit while sitting in the sun, then headed out to run. My Veronica's song came on and that got me going really good, probably too fast, for the first mile. Fun, though. Then unfortunately I was having digestive issues and really felt the need for a bathroom. Found a spot in the woods and used it...only #1, not #2 that felt like I need to do. Another true sign that I've become a runner---went in the woods!! Finished up the loop to get 2.25 and headed to McD's to use to the bathroom. It's so nice out and I still felt really good so I wanted to do something more. I headed to Lockwood park to try to run the hill, but the grass was really wet and only did a partial hill once and decided to head elsewhere. Thought about the steps behind the YMCA, but really didn't want to do steps. Then thought about the Chicago Street hill. Headed over there with the thought of doing at least 2 hills, up & down. After the first one, which was a little easier than I expected, I decided to try for 3 reps. After the 2nd, I figured I could do 5 reps. They did get harder and harder, but I found really pumping my arms strongly helped alot. I ran up the hill 5 times, and down all 5 times as well....striving to length my strides and just let myself go down the hill with only a little control and letting my legs just take me (as Anna recommended). That was a good little extra workout....need to do that more often, maybe once e/o week or so.

I've really noticed in recent weeks that I'm stronger on the hills and into the wind than I used to be. Although still not happy places to run, I'm getting better at dealing with hills and wind. I AM getting stronger in my running....feels good!!!!

No comments: