Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bill had found this Beer Run up in the Riverwest neighborhood in Milwaukee to do today. It was a 1.8 mile run with 4 mandatory beer stops. He really wanted to do it, I wasn't too excited but I thought I'd go with anyway. It stormed much of yesterday afternoon and all night, but cleared a bit this morning. Unfortunately more storms were on their way and it started raining right when we got up to Milwaukee. Bill still really wanted to do it, even thought there were thunderstorm warnings and we saw lightning. I didn't really want to do this anyway and Bill felt bad so he almost didn't do it. I told him I was fine waiting in the car and so then he went and did it. About 5 minutes before the race it just downpoured and I was so glad I was in the car rather than standing on the street. He ran it and came back saying it was alot of fun. Everyone was just playing in the rain and he said it was something he'll do again.

It had stopped raining by the afternoon so I just went out and did my mile. Ran 1.0 in 8:45. Then came in and did a 5-minute ExerciseTV bikini-butt routine. That was a tough one and really worked that glute area! Then later in the evening, Bill and I went for a leisurely walk around the neighborhood, probably about 1.5 miles or so.

No comments: