Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Woke up early again with all the best intentions of running before work, but again the warm bed and cuddling of the kitties won out.

Had Anna again tonight, even though just went last week. Since Bill's gone, why not get an extra session in. Also wanted to get to the off weeks for my every other so it didn't coincide so directly with my monthly friend. Tonight we talked about what I wanted to do in training for the upcoming races. I said my legs were OK, just good workouts would be fine, but would like to work on upper body and core. Therefore she talked about how we'll work on muscle groups that correspond with the movements my arms make while running (front to back swinging), and really work on some strength that way, vs other arm/shoulder exercises (like flies and out to the side as that won't help the running). Therefore that's what we did--lots of shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Finitely will feel this a bit in a few days.

No comments: