Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back in Racine and had to work a bit earlier. It's about mid-50s temperature-wise and there's a slight wind. Went out for the run together, but Bill said he was only going to do a mile. With all the food and junk I ate this weekend, I thought I'd try for more. It's nice weather, why not?

Got my MP3 ready and took that with, then when Bill turned around at 0.5, I tried to start it up as I ran longer. Unfortunately it was dead--so I ran the rest of the run in silence, with just my own thoughts, and this armband and ear buds that did nothing! ;)

As I was running, shooting for around 4 miles (the Douglas Ave loop), I thought about my total mileage in the last few days. I figured I did 7.0 miles Friday and 1.55 yesterday, so if I ran about 4.6, then I'd get 13.1 in for the weekend--although spread out, it was be a way of upping the mileage to equate to the half-marathon.

Therefore that's what I shot for. As I got back to the neighborhood, I had to do some zig-zags to get the mileage in, but ended up finishing with the 4.6 miles. Ran that in 41:18 (8:59/mile pace). Good pace with winds in my face for about half of it!

No comments: