Tuesday, May 6, 2008

As I left work today I realized how beautiful it was. I really wanted to do a run outside. As I have been trying to keep a bag of clothes in the car, I realized I had most of what I wanted to run in, so I decided to change in the car and run from the car around the cemetaries. It was high 60s and I had everything except shorts, so I wore my capris. They were a little warm as they are heavier weight and black and the sun was beating down. Didn't have my GPS, but figured I could map it later.

Got running and decided to run to Dad's grave first to say Hi (today's their anniversary). Spent a few minutes with him, then headed back. Figured that was about a mile or so one way, so just headed back and figured 2 miles was good.

Got home the same time as Bill and he was debating running his mile right away before leaving for trap. I told him I'd run with him if he did it right then, so we set off.

Mapped the first run and found it to be 1.95--not too far off from what I thought so that was pretty good.

Then ran 1.02 with Bill in 8:55 (8:43/mile pace).

So, finished the evening with just under 3 miles on this beautiful night. Unfortunately my hamstring's really tight so I'm going to have to watch this now.

No comments: