Saturday, March 15, 2008

So, I didn't do a long run last Saturday and it was supposed to be relatively OK outside so I knew I should try to run a longer run. Got there at 6:30pm to run 2-3 before the group. Jodie and Kristin were there and will getting situated so I didn't feel like I could just take off and go. I waited for them, Melissa arrived, and we all took off between 6:40-6:45. Knew we weren't going to get too much in, but at least some.

Ran 1.75 before 7am, then met the group and ran an additional 5.75 with Ken and his coworker Ben. Wanted to try to get the 8 miles again, so ran back into the first cemetary for a short 0.5 mile loop to finish the 8 miles even.

Ran 8.0 miles in 1:12:38, equating to a 9:04/mile average pace. Ran the first 10K, 6.2 miles in under 56 minutes, but the last 1.8 took just over 17 minutes---there were two hills in this last 2 miles (one at the golf course and one coming up from Park High). Those were killers and slowed me down this late in the run. Still, a great time for 8 miles.

No comments: